Posts Tagged ‘workshops’
Posted in Government 2.0, Social Media, tagged events, Gov 2.0, gov20, inbound marketing, Social Media, social media for government, training, Web 2.0, web20, workshops on December 14, 2010 | Leave a Comment »
“Inbound marketing” is one of the buzziest of the social media catchphrases, but that’s because it works.
I’ve been doing a lot of Web 2.0 and social media for government speaking of late, and all of the leads have come either from social media connections or contacts directly through my web outposts, from inquiries on my blog to messages on Twitter. These leads have taken me to new states and countries in the past year, and, in April, I’ll be putting a two-day workshop in Southeast Asia because I quickly responded to a conference organizer with a proposal after she found me through search engines and followed me on Twitter.
If you’re just getting started with social media marketing of your products or services, don’t get discouraged. I’d been actively blogging on Gov 2.0 for more than a year before the leads started coming in. Persistence matters.
In 2011, I’m going to be focusing on a small number of high-impact workshop and speaking engagements, events in California, and social media trainings and implementation for government and activism. It’s great to see the groundwork of many late nights of writing bearing fruit.
- RT @ekhatami: Watch this VERY important message from @MazJobrani on the #visawaiver law: on.fb.me/1PifIxw #NoSecondClassCitizens 13 hours ago
- Raspberry, coconut, banana crepes with chocolate hazelnut spread. #breakfast #WorldNutellaDay 16 hours ago
- RT @rickklein: wow poll - Quinnipiac has Clinton 44, Sanders 42. was a 31-point edge right before Christmas. quinnipiac.edu/news-and-event… 17 hours ago
- It's happening... twitter.com/JanieVelencia/… 17 hours ago
- RT @Snowden: This writes a pass for every dictatorship to reject UN rulings. Dangerous precedent for UK/Sweden to set. #Assange https://t.c… 18 hours ago
February 2016 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29