Posts Tagged ‘workshops’
Posted in Government 2.0, Social Media, tagged events, Gov 2.0, gov20, inbound marketing, Social Media, social media for government, training, Web 2.0, web20, workshops on December 14, 2010 | Leave a Comment »
“Inbound marketing” is one of the buzziest of the social media catchphrases, but that’s because it works.
I’ve been doing a lot of Web 2.0 and social media for government speaking of late, and all of the leads have come either from social media connections or contacts directly through my web outposts, from inquiries on my blog to messages on Twitter. These leads have taken me to new states and countries in the past year, and, in April, I’ll be putting a two-day workshop in Southeast Asia because I quickly responded to a conference organizer with a proposal after she found me through search engines and followed me on Twitter.
If you’re just getting started with social media marketing of your products or services, don’t get discouraged. I’d been actively blogging on Gov 2.0 for more than a year before the leads started coming in. Persistence matters.
In 2011, I’m going to be focusing on a small number of high-impact workshop and speaking engagements, events in California, and social media trainings and implementation for government and activism. It’s great to see the groundwork of many late nights of writing bearing fruit.
- RT @WeAreTectonica: It's time to stop hating on @GettyImages and stock photos and here's why goo.gl/a94mZi #contentmarketing http:… 1 minute ago
- RT @politico: Miley Cyrus to Indiana governor: You’re an a--hole politi.co/1CgXBUl http://t.co/a4zVZGrkR4 4 hours ago
- RT @votolatino: Apple CEO, Tim Cook plans to use his entire fortune for philanthropy. bit.ly/1HXH6ht http://t.co/jaJksyVPIw 4 hours ago
- Political movements fueled by hope and love. #bethechange 5 hours ago
- Pop-up Compelling & Rich coffee with the nbcreators team at gelateriauli. #dtla @ Gelateria Uli instagram.com/p/0vNHa-A-k8/ 5 hours ago
March 2015 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31