Inbound Marketing – It Works
December 14, 2010 by adrielhampton
“Inbound marketing” is one of the buzziest of the social media catchphrases, but that’s because it works.
I’ve been doing a lot of Web 2.0 and social media for government speaking of late, and all of the leads have come either from social media connections or contacts directly through my web outposts, from inquiries on my blog to messages on Twitter. These leads have taken me to new states and countries in the past year, and, in April, I’ll be putting a two-day workshop in Southeast Asia because I quickly responded to a conference organizer with a proposal after she found me through search engines and followed me on Twitter.
If you’re just getting started with social media marketing of your products or services, don’t get discouraged. I’d been actively blogging on Gov 2.0 for more than a year before the leads started coming in. Persistence matters.
In 2011, I’m going to be focusing on a small number of high-impact workshop and speaking engagements, events in California, and social media trainings and implementation for government and activism. It’s great to see the groundwork of many late nights of writing bearing fruit.
- RT @girlziplocked: Every week someone approaches me about dating apps and every week I remind them that women want a different kind of man,… 5 minutes ago
- RT @OccupyWallStNYC: Artists and advocates say deadly #Oakland fire is product of housing crisis ow.ly/HhoW306OP3m https://t.co/CgykI… 2 hours ago
- RT @Crystal1Johnson: "To have American soldiers to become part of the spiritual warriors is major major move" #DAPL https://t.co/cRtQd3XAZO 3 hours ago
- RT @RoseAnnDeMoro: We celebrate Army Corps decision but will stay vigilant: THERE IS NO SAFE ROUTE FOR #DAPL. There is no such thing as a s… 3 hours ago
- Medicare for all. twitter.com/SenSanders/sta… 3 hours ago