This uniform belonged to a Japanese “mobilized youth,” one of the many children in Hiroshima working on the war effort when we dropped the atom bomb. Actually, *this* uniform belonged to *many* children. It was stitched together from scraps of what was left.
Archive for August 5th, 2010
- RT @lenaellingboe: Want to turn your #digitalcampaign or #dayofaction into a movement? Check out some tips at our webinar Mar 11th! http://… 15 minutes ago
- RT @thinkprogress: Why Ringling Bros. finally gave in and gave up their elephants thkpr.gs/3630372 http://t.co/0im7japdUx 48 minutes ago
- Taylor Swift's the only person who sends me Line messages. But totally OK with that. 5 hours ago
- RT @LadyParagons: Have you heard ‘Women in STEM Episode 23 - Valerie Woolard, Software Developer for NationBuilder’ soundcloud.com/lady-paragons/… 6 hours ago
- Filming outside my window. #losangeles #dtla #historiccore @ Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles instagram.com/p/z2m-PMg-kF/ 11 hours ago