This uniform belonged to a Japanese “mobilized youth,” one of the many children in Hiroshima working on the war effort when we dropped the atom bomb. Actually, *this* uniform belonged to *many* children. It was stitched together from scraps of what was left.
Archive for August 5th, 2010
- I'm at Italian Delicatessen in Los Altos, CA swarmapp.com/c/jmpauiBl5ZD 3 hours ago
- RT @JustinTrudeau: Our goal is to identify 25K and welcome 10,000 refugees by Dec 31 – and the remaining 15,000 by the end of February. #We… 5 hours ago
- Before Thanksgiving political debates, a few of my thoughts: "A Zen Response to Donald Trump": adrielhampton.com/a_zen_response… 5 hours ago
- Enjoying the South Bay. @ Rock Bottom - Campbell instagram.com/p/-fgVKNA-nl/ 21 hours ago
- RT @QueenofSpain: Journalism. Finally. nytimes.com/2015/11/24/opi… #suckit @realDonaldTrump 23 hours ago