This uniform belonged to a Japanese “mobilized youth,” one of the many children in Hiroshima working on the war effort when we dropped the atom bomb. Actually, *this* uniform belonged to *many* children. It was stitched together from scraps of what was left.
Archive for August 5th, 2010
- RT @JuanSVas: Why the "taking American jobs" excuse to immigration makes me laugh. The Least Diverse Jobs in America theatlantic.com/business/archi… 9 hours ago
- RT @bobcesca_go: MY LATEST AT BANTER: CNN’s Hilarious Dildo Flag Gaffe is Yet Another Example of the Decline of American Journalism http://… 11 hours ago
- CC others while geo-targeting politicians tmblr.co/Z5nBWx1oIlmn5 #nptech 11 hours ago
- RT @Accurate_Append: Political data is a mess - but it doesn't have to be. OCR, address standardization is a quick fix http://t.co/bAFQFN1V… 12 hours ago
- 391 million Twitter accounts have no followers wp.me/p1vfs3-3hW (via @craigpsmith) #SMStat 16 hours ago