This uniform belonged to a Japanese “mobilized youth,” one of the many children in Hiroshima working on the war effort when we dropped the atom bomb. Actually, *this* uniform belonged to *many* children. It was stitched together from scraps of what was left.
Archive for August 5th, 2010
- "The connection economy rewards the leader, the initiator, and the rebel." -Seth Godin bit.ly/18mBxIl via @MrobertsOnline 14 hours ago
- RT @the_intercept: "Yes, We're Corrupt": A List of Politicians Admitting That Money Controls Politics interc.pt/1eDhux7 http://t.co/fb… 16 hours ago
- RT @victoriaocross: The Background note field in @NationBuilder: Prominent, flexible & tragically under-utilized. chrisarobinson.com/using_the_nati… vi… 16 hours ago
- . @Forbes: People without a #tech degree may already be benefiting the most from tech's boom. onforb.es/1OBHNQK #same 16 hours ago
- RT @thenation: How To Revive Progressive-Era Economics for the New Gilded Age trib.al/dja1JIz 1 day ago