This uniform belonged to a Japanese “mobilized youth,” one of the many children in Hiroshima working on the war effort when we dropped the atom bomb. Actually, *this* uniform belonged to *many* children. It was stitched together from scraps of what was left.
Archive for August 5th, 2010
- RT @GroundforceLive: Organizing: @adrielhampton on the strategy: medium.com/@GroundforceDi… @jesse_helmer on the practice: https://t.co/EHGP86… 1 hour ago
- RT @HurricaneZara: "We did ayahuasca [indigenous Peruvian ceremony led by a shaman] in a Beverly Hills apartment haha it was weird." No. N… 4 hours ago
- RT @BernieSanders: We need to keep fossil fuels in the ground, and move to 100 percent renewable energy - and we need to act immediately. #… 13 hours ago
- RT @BernieSanders: We will win in 2016 because we are going to create an unprecedented grassroots movement. #Bernie2016 http://t.co/R1yjnbS… 13 hours ago
- Life is good. #LosAngeles http://t.co/DVqY7tt4Oj 18 hours ago