This uniform belonged to a Japanese “mobilized youth,” one of the many children in Hiroshima working on the war effort when we dropped the atom bomb. Actually, *this* uniform belonged to *many* children. It was stitched together from scraps of what was left.
Archive for August 5th, 2010
- RT @TheRapContest: I am so proud of my partner @Sellassie and the #Frisco5 now on #DAY11 of #HungerforJusticSF #TakeBackSF https://t.co/Mon… 20 minutes ago
- Where to vote for Bernie delegates today in California cadem.org/our-party/nati… 1 hour ago
- RT @girlziplocked: We won't have kids. We won't buy Boomers' houses. The economy depends on us doing these things, instead we pay student a… 1 hour ago
- RT @hannahgais: on the next Microsoft 365 update: 46% of workers have worked during sex. 15% while dying. https://t.co/rJku38FwBC 2 hours ago
- RT @saikocat: So it turns out that kangaroos are what nightmares are made of https://t.co/WsjAmmY1jS 19 hours ago