This uniform belonged to a Japanese “mobilized youth,” one of the many children in Hiroshima working on the war effort when we dropped the atom bomb. Actually, *this* uniform belonged to *many* children. It was stitched together from scraps of what was left.
Archive for August 5th, 2010
- RT @CalumAH: Very happy to have passed my @NationBuilder expert accreditation. Thanks @sponee and @nikkisbatchelor for all your support! 28 minutes ago
- RT @iD4RO: OkCupid told incompatible people they were good matches, just to see the results. wapo.st/1rYhpXl 19 hours ago
- RT @NationBuilder: "Are you primarily a community, or are you primarily a company?" -@chr1sa on why community-driven cos always win. https:… 20 hours ago
- RT @LewisChelsea21: Anyone else new to running and operating a @NationBuilder account? Would love to connect and get some feedback. #NN14 20 hours ago
- RT @slowdive: Did you know @NationBuilder is on Instagram? Follow us! instagram.com/nbcreators 20 hours ago