This uniform belonged to a Japanese “mobilized youth,” one of the many children in Hiroshima working on the war effort when we dropped the atom bomb. Actually, *this* uniform belonged to *many* children. It was stitched together from scraps of what was left.
Archive for August 5th, 2010
- RT @mbl: Google's Impressive "Conversational Search" Goes Live On Chrome searchengineland.com/googles-impres… 8 hours ago
- RT @MaraWritesStuff: "Study: Anxiety Resolved By Thinking About It Real Hard" onion.com/14D7A5a via @TheOnion 8 hours ago
- Elementary school open house. instagram.com/p/ZrQu6tg-nX/ 10 hours ago
- RT @luclatulippe: Any users of @NationBuilder out there? Recommendations? Ratings? Thanks! 11 hours ago
- RT @NationBuilder: In Los Angeles, @tara is helping the creative and curious bring their ideas to life at @LAMakerspace. http://t.co/YB9DQ… 11 hours ago