This uniform belonged to a Japanese “mobilized youth,” one of the many children in Hiroshima working on the war effort when we dropped the atom bomb. Actually, *this* uniform belonged to *many* children. It was stitched together from scraps of what was left.
Archive for August 5th, 2010
- RT @ZephyrTeachout: My friend Josh Fox (@gaslandmovie) is one of the best organizers & artists & insightful people. Come to his show! http:… 10 hours ago
- RT @thinkprogress: U.S. Budget Director : ‘Climate denial will cost us billions of dollars’ thkpr.gs/3570075 http://t.co/0XJuJbQtgv 17 hours ago
- RT @codepink: The @CODEPINK Crew is in NYC and getting ready and excited for the People's Climate March!! Join us: codepink.org/climatemarch #… 17 hours ago
- Film @Pay2PlayTV uses @OBEYGIANT street art, NationBuilder & political organizing tactics to fight big $ in politics: blogs.rollcall.com/after-dark/pay… 1 day ago
- RT @sponee: Congrats to @365Strategies on your @NationBuilder Expert certification! http://t.co/G2Uh7c91xD 1 day ago